Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Exploring natural beauty


THE NU PROJECT

The Nu Project is made up of a collection of woman from around the world, photographers come into their homes and capture them in their most natural human state "nakedness". 'The Nu Project' has been focused on capturing women's personalities, quirks and natural beauty. Began in 2005 'The Nu Project' has stayed true to their original vision: 

No professional models 
Minimal makeup 
No glamour. 

"Over 100 women across North and South America have participated in the project.  Without their courage, confidence and trust, none of this would have been possible. We are so thankful for their willingness to open their homes to us" (The Nu Project). 


I can't put any of the images on my blog I can provide the link to them...

http://thenuproject.com/galleries/women-of-north-america-i/


I have to admit from some of the posed and edited photographers I have been looking at of late these images by 'The Nu Project' are really refreshing. There is something really beautiful about the images and I haven't been able to really put my finger on what it was, it was only today as I was writing this entry that I realised what it was that was so appealing, it's the fact these woman are so relatable, there is a closeness in which resonates with these woman. The fact the images are taken in their homes another level of personalism. 'The Nu Project' have done well to provide a sophisticated way of showing naturalism in the female nude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment