Tuesday, May 8, 2012

' U N T I T L E D '

These are some images I took whilst shooting the movie for Professional Practice. The project aims at the communication of our design ethos through a film or images.  

My beautiful friend Perle helped me with my movie and images by being my amazing and tolerating model. 

M O V I E
"one can not exist without the other




MOVIE - Danielle Vidoni ©

MUSIC - Music by Goldmund (The Gardener)

When making this video I tried to create a sumptuous visual environment, the body gently and fluently interact and inter-meshed with the fabric engaged all the viewers senses through the soft imagery and compelling music.


This movie represents a soft femininity that appears gentle yet is also powerful and confident. The model is not fighting with the cloth in which she wears but rather interacts with it.


The use of hand imagery suggests my own hand in the process of making, as well as the wearers hand that must interact with the cloth during wear to complete the garment. 


cloth + wearer = garment


...one can't exist without the other, they each need each other to be complete.


The female form is fleshy delicate and sensual, it is a constant source of inspiration for my design. This form in a blank canvas that already holds such depth.  


"Seeing and recognition comes before words, it is seeing that establishes our place in the world...there is always a distinction between what we see and what we know...what we know or believe affects the way we see things...it may start with seeing and recognising, but develop into a system in which our past experiences or knowledge changes the way we see things" (Berger)


How you choose to view and interpret this video, images and past pieces are directly relate to the above quote by Berger and how you choose to see.



I M A G E S 
"one can not exist without the other"

 These Images capture these fleeting moments of transiency, moments of movement that illustrates the beauty of the female form. 







PHOTOGRAPHY - Danielle Vidoni ©



No comments:

Post a Comment